Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sneak Peek - Medieval Doll Book

Hello, I'm back again! It's been quite a while and honestly that's mostly due to my laziness. So hopefully I'll get back on track and be active in blogging again. 

So actually a couple weeks back I randomly decided to make a doll craft. I was browsing the web and found tutorials for miniature books. Like this:

However me, being the brilliant person I am, decided not to follow any of these tutorials but instead create my own little booklet. It was fun, a bit tedious (look at the top stitching....) but I'm happy with the result. Already, I noticed a couple areas to improve in but overall it's a cute little doll sized book. 

I might make a tutorial for it... but it might take some time as I will have make another one since I forgot to take any pictures of the process. Some different color would be cool and maybe a slightly different design.

Without further ado, I present a miniature book.

I hope you like these pictures. I promise that I did work some on the starry purple witch dress today. I almost completed it however am a bit stumped with the hemming. But all is well as I'm starting to get my crafty mood back after a month break. I hope you have a great week! 

Let me know in the comments if you want to see a tutorial for the book.

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Purple Starry Dress - Sneak Peek

Hey Everyone! So, how was your weekend? Mine was spent sewing, hanging out with family and reading. After I finished my red medieval dress, I decided I wanted to do the same pattern but try to create a different look and style. I'm only about halfway done but so far am happy with the progress.

Here are the pieces laid out. Since I was a tad short on fabric, I had to shorten the dress length some. I think I'll add a black trim since I really think this dress needs to be floor length. 

Then, because I wanted to try something new, I got out some thread and beads that were laying around and started adding beads.

And here are my results:

So basically I first added the cording in a wavy pattern. The hardest part with that was making it symmetrical. Then I got out the beads and added a little star shape in the middle and little clusters of three for each wave. Overall, I'm quite happy with how it turned out and am looking forward to doing more beading in the future.

So, that's all for today. I've got to go finish the lining, work on the sleeves, figure out the black hem trim and finish this dress up.